James Doyle Brown, Jr.
SUMMARY AND SKILLS
Experienced, driven professional who loves learning, taking on challenges, delivering on deadlines and improving processes. Skills include excellent communication, adaptability, critical thinking, data analysis, solution design and implementation.
State Press — Columnist/Politics Reporter
January 2022 – Current
- Report timely, fair and accurate coverage of campus attitudes toward local and national issues through the lens of accountability and community.
- Cultivated a diverse source list of experts and student leaders.
Carnegie-Knight News21 — Data/Digital Reporter
May 2022 – August 2022
- Provide multiple in-depth multimedia stories related to police reform across the country.
- Analyzed data and created data visualization elements which drove coverage.
- Collaborated with a diverse team of journalists from universities nationwide.
CVS Health — Account Manager/Advisor, Client Implementations
September 2017 – September 2021
- Led multiple health plan implementations, including Blue Shield of California, developing project plans and coordinating multiple departments, driving project completion.
- Assisted with process improvements, met all deadlines, and top client satisfaction scores.
- Managed resolution of complex requests by identifying root causes and applying practical and creative solutions.
- Demonstrated high level of quality in client-facing roles through reporting accuracy, responsiveness, reliability, and professionalism in a fast-paced demanding high-stress environment.
Oswalt Law Group — Supervisor/Legal Administrator
November 2013 – September 2017
- Conducted thorough consultations to educate prospective and current clients about bankruptcy and personal injury, requiring extensive knowledge of laws and procedures.
- Designed and maintained a system for tracking prospective client data from web inquiry through retention.
Shout! House Dueling Pianos — Entertainment Manager/Pianist
February 2009 – May 2016
- Performed four nights a week in a non-stop classic sing-along rock ‘n roll show that required audience interaction, organization, and team collaboration.
- Recruited and managed a team of entertainers and incorporated serving staff in a high energy environment.
- Expanded repertoire of over 1,000 songs for diverse request-driven entertainment.
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University — MA, Investigative Journalism
August 2021 – Current (Graduating December 1, 2022), PHOENIX, AZ 4.0 GPA
Northern Arizona University — BS, Communication Skills, Health Coaching Minor
July 2017 – May 2021 4.0 GPA
CVS – Rising Star Award for High Performance in Implementations – 2021
CVS – Outstanding Team Collaboration – 2019
CVS – Welcome Season Champion – 2019